Full-Time Firefighter / EMT-P
Algonquin-Lake in the Hills Fire Protection District (ALFPD)
1020 W Algonquin Road Lake in the Hills, IL 60156
Applications Open Aug. 28, 2017
Application Deadline: Monday, October 2, 2017
Starting Salary: $63,445.82
To fill out an application and schedule your written test, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select Firefighter Jobs and sign up for the ALFPD test.
What to expect at the www.nationaltestingnetwork.com website:
· Completion of the application process;
· Review all information related to the position and details about the testing process;
· Opportunity to take online practice tests;
· Schedule your own convenient test time. Tests are offered multiple times a week, including Saturdays;
· Take high quality job simulation tests in a standardized, fair testing environment;
Upon completion of the written test, all candidate scores will be automatically forwarded to the ALFPD hiring officials. Candidates who attain a passing score will be placed on the department’s pool of eligible candidates to continue to participate in other stages of the selection process.
The District, located in McHenry and Kane Counties along the Fox River, encompasses a 22 square mile jurisdiction approximately 40 miles northwest of the City of Chicago. Operating out of three stations, the ALFPD serves a residential population of approximately 40,000 and protects a mix of residential, light industrial and commercial development by providing effective and efficient fire protection, fire prevention, emergency medical services, and specialized response to emergency incidents. The District employs 66 commissioned and non-commissioned firefighting personnel and 3 civilian staff members, who responded to 3,897 emergency incidents in 2016.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
· At least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age as of October 2, 2017. (70ILCS 705/16.06 or 65ILCS
· Valid Illinois Driver’s License
· Firefighter Basic Operations (Firefighter II)
· EMT-B Certification (or proof you are currently enrolled in an EMT-B course. Please note: you must have
your EMT-P license at time of conditional offer)
· Valid CPAT card within last 12 months (at the time of conditional employment offer)
· No felony convictions and good moral character
· No residency requirements
The selection process includes an oral interview, background investigation, psychological exam, polygraph, and a medical exam.
ALFPD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.